A unique work was created to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the inauguration of the Sistine Chapel in a limited, numbered edition in five series of 998 copies. A sculpture inspired by one of the most powerful images in the history of art, The Creation of Adam.
In this lost-wax bronze sculpture the two hands, one of God and one of Adam, emerge from an arch engraved with the signature and a quote from the brilliant Florentine artist. The sculpture is attached to a travertine marble base and numbered by hand. The entirely handcrafted process is repeated with each of the sculptures, so each piece is a unique work of art with a notarised certificate of authenticity.
The sculpture also comes with a large-format book where readers can discover the work of the Renaissance master, featuring the four arts in which he excelled: poetry, painting, architecture, and sculpture. This unique book, a masterpiece itself, includes studies of experts on the artist to help us explore the legacy of Michelangelo and what painting the the Sistine Chapel meant for the artist.
All the details of this unique work have been meticulously designed, as evidenced by the case in which the sculpture and Michelangelo volume are presented. Its practical yet elegant design serves to protect and keep this exclusive work.
- Size: 51.1 x 41.3 x 20.4 cm
- Porexpan interior in high-density grey tones.
- Foam insert for the sculpture and outer section for the book.
- It contains the Michelangelo volume, The Hands from the Creation of Adam sculpture, and the numbered notarised certificate.
- Lost-wax bronze sculpture.
- Hand numbering 1 to 998 in five series.
- Engraved signature and a quote from Michelangelo on the arch
- Travertine marble plinth
- Aprox. weight: 4.5 kg
- Size: sculpture: 29 x 10 cm; arch diameter: 33 cm; plinth: 10 x 22 x 4 cm
- Format: 38 x 28 cm
- 192 pages
- 5-ink printing
- 170 g Gallery Gloss art stucco paper
- 150 g semi-matte stucco and laminated cover
- Binding: 3 mm hardcover lined and laminated
- Flat spine sewn with black Setalux Brilliant fabric and screen printed