Leonardo 500 is a homage to the great Renaissance genius on the 500th anniversary of his death, featuring the exclusive reproduction of one of the anatomical studies that has become most widely-known throughout the centuries: The Vitruvian Man. A single, limited, numbered work in a series of 2,998 copies.
The plate is a faithful reproduction of the original, and conserves the marks that time has left on the work, as well as its formal characteristics – it is the same size and features the same die-cutting as the drawing produced by Leonardo da Vinci. The original drawing, which is now conserved in the Gallerie dell’Accademia in Venice, is one of the best-known works by the Florentine master. Sketched in pencil and ink on paper in 1490, it shows the relation between man and the universe (microcosm and macrocosm).
This faithful reproduction is accompanied by the volume Leonardo. It includes a specific study of The Vitruvian Man, together with an exhaustive exploration of the artist’s life and work.
The display case for the work has been expressly designed so that the user can enjoy the drawing as if it were a framed picture. The pictorial works by the artist that have been selected for the front and back covers of the volume can also be displayed as a table centerpiece, to alternate with The Vitruvian Man.
- Reproduction of the drawing The Vitruvian Man in its original size and die-cutting.
- Printed in 4 inks on 0.44 lb. (200 g) white Tintoretto Gesso paper.
- Numbered on the back, where the name of the series is also inscribed.
- Secured with 2 drops of glue on 0.66 lb. (300 g) paper support.
- Suport: 12.79 x 16.45 in. (32,5 x 41,8 cm).
- Inscription at the bottom of the support features the name and author of the work.
- Series of 2,998 numbered copies. Each series is a different city, linked to the artist’s biography.
- Plate: 9.64 x 13.54 in. (24,5 x 34,4 cm).
- The book takes the reader on a journey through the life and work of the Renaissance genius.
- 192 pp.
- 0.37 lb. (170 g) gloss coated art paper. Printed in 4 inks.
- Milled hardcover binding. Cover lined in 0.33 lb. (150 g) gloss coated paper, matt laminated. Straight spine: 0.78 in. (20 mm). Inside covers in black Geltex.
- Front and back cover include images from paintings by Leonardo da Vinci.
- 15.11 x 11.22 in. (38,4 x 28,5 cm).
- Display case made from stiff cardboard, lined with black Brillanta fabric.
- Methacrylate lid with stiff cardboard border lined in fabric.
- Cardboard inner nest with foam holds the book securely, with a strip of tape for removing it.
- Holes in the rear for hanging it on the wall.
- Contains the volume Leonardo, the plate The Vitruvian Man, the numbered Notary’s Document and the Note from the Editor.
- 13.26 x 16.69 x 1.77 in. (33,7 x 42,4 x 4,5 cm).